Series 66 Exam: Uniform Combined State Law
This Series 66 exam is for professional who have completed the Series 7 exam. It includes investment advisor requirement material,plus portfolio management, ethics, client profiles, and risk evaluation.
FIRE's Series 66 Exam Prep Features
- Online self-study modules
- Live and recorded web tutorial sessions
- Online quizzes and Final exams. Your average score on our final exams is typically within 3 points of your actual score
- FIRE's Green Light plan ensuring you stay on track (90%+ pass rate)
- FIRE Drill Quiz Apps available for free download (iOS & Android) at https://www.firesolutions.com/apps
- Free on-demand printing of online materials
- Unlimited toll-free telephone and email access to our expert trainers
FIRE's exclusive Green Light plan is designed to maximize your chances of passing your exam by ensuring your training remains on schedule, gauges your readiness and promotes confidence. A Green Light certificate is issued by completing 100% of the module quizzes and exams and averaging at least the minimum passing score on your first attempt. Students that achieve a Green Light pass their exams over 90% of the time!
- The Uniform Securities Act
- Registration of Persons
- Registration of Securities
- Prohibited Practices & Business Practices of
- Investment Advisers
- State Administrators & Regulatory Oversight
- Investment Advisers & the Federal Acts
- Annuities & Retirement Plans
- Risk & Evaluation
- Client Profiles
- Portfolio Management
Modules = 11
Exam Prep Study Time = 60 hours
How the Series 66 Exam is Structured
The Series 66 exam is a 150-minute exam with 100 questions. If you take less than the allotted time, you may leave early. You will be asked 10 additional questions that FINRA is considering adding to its question bank; however, they are beta questions and do not count towards your final score. You must score 73% or higher to obtain your Series 66 license.
Questions on the Series 66 Exam
The Series 66 exam is one of the FINRA's most challenging tests. Although the amount of material is less than most of the other exams, you need to know the material thoroughly. The exam will test very specific elements of the content, and often, questions will appear to have two correct answers. Your challenge will be to determine which answer is the better one, and the best way to do that is to know the content cold.
• Law, Regulations, and Guidelines 50 questions
• Economic Factors and Business Information 5 questions
• Investment Vehicle Characteristics 15 questions
• Client Investment Recommendations and Strategies 30 questions
• Supplement covering New Exam Content, July 1, 2016 Exam Update
How to Schedule Your Exam
To take the Series 66 exam, your firm must first file your Form U-4 and open a window with FINRA. Once that window is open, you may schedule your exam by contacting either of the testing centers authorized to administer the Series 66 on behalf of FINRA:
What to Expect at the Testing Center
You should arrive at the testing center 30 minutes in advance of your appointment, and bring a government-issued photo ID, such as a driver's license, military ID, or passport. You will be fingerprinted when checking in.
You will be provided with a locker to store your personal items. You may not take anything into the testing room. The testing center will provide you with earplugs, a calculator, and pencils and scratch paper or markers and dry-erase sheets.