Series 63 Exam: Uniform Securities Agent State Law
The Series 63 exam covers definitions of securities transactions, fraudulent and prohibited activities, ethics, and registration roles. A Series 63 license allows professionals to sell in any state, provided the individual also has either a Series 6 or a Series 7 license. Many states (but not all) require this exam. An employee should not take the Series 63 exam until the Series 6 or Series 7 has been completed.
FIRE's Series 63 Exam Prep Features
- Online self-study modules
- Live and recorded web tutorial sessions
- Online quizzes and Final exams. Your average score on our final exams is typically within 3 points of your actual score
- FIRE's Green Light plan ensuring you stay on track (90%+ pass rate)
- FIRE Drill Quiz Apps available for free download (iOS & Android) at https://www.firesolutions.com/apps
- Free on-demand printing of online materials
- Unlimited toll-free telephone and email access to our expert trainers
FIRE's exclusive Green Light plan is designed to maximize your chances of passing your exam by ensuring your training remains on schedule, gauges your readiness and promotes confidence. A Green Light certificate is issued by completing 100% of the module quizzes and exams and averaging at least the minimum passing score on your first attempt. Students that achieve a Green Light pass their exams over 90% of the time!
- The Uniform Securities Act
- Registration of Persons
- Registration of Securities
- Investment Advisors
- The State Administrator and Federal Acts
Modules = 5
Exam Prep Study Time = 25 ‐ 30 hours
How the Series 63 Exam is Structured
The Series 63 exam consists of 65 multiple-choice questions, which are used to qualify individuals as securities agents. The exam is based on a level of knowledge about the Uniform Securities Act and amendments adopted by the North American Securities Administrators Association (NASAA), which include rules on prohibited dishonest and unethical business practices.
You will have 75 minutes to answer the 65 multiple-choice questions provided on the exam (5 of the questions will not count towards your score). You must score 72% or better to pass the exam.
Questions on the Series 63 Exam
You should see this approximate distribution of questions on your Series 63 exam:
- Registration of persons 18
- Registration of securities 15
- Business practices 21
- Administrative provisions and other remedies 4
- Additional test questions 5
How to Schedule Your Exam
To take the Series 63 exam, your firm must first file your Form U-4 or U-10 and open a window with FINRA. Once that window is open, you may schedule your exam by contacting either of the testing centers authorized to administer the Series 63 on behalf of FINRA:
Completion of the Exam
You will find out if you passed the exam as soon as you submit it, and you will be provided with a printout of your results. The testing center will notify FINRA of your results, and FINRA will make the information available to your firm via WebCRD, FINRA's Central Registration Depository.